ArcGIS Software Download
You are eligible to access the ESRI ArcGIS software at home if your instructor has
indicated the class curriculum requires use of it. ArcGIS is available as a software
download and cloud based application, your instructor will determine which version
is used for the class. Follow the steps below to assist with access and download.
NOTE: you must be officially registered for the class before access is granted to ArcGIS.
It may take up to 24hr after registration before you can login. You will not have
access until the first day of the current semester.
ArcGIS Online (Cloud)
To access the ArcGIS cloud website:
- Visit www.office.com and login using your campus email and password
- We recommend using the Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers
- Click on the multi-square "waffle" menu on the upper left
- Select the "all apps" link from the "Apps" menu that opens
- Select "ArcGIS" under the "Other" section of the "All Apps" menu.
- A verification screen will open, select "Grossmont College". You may also need to verify your identity via text message.
Alternatively, you may access ArcGIS directly at https://grossmontcollege.maps.arcgis.com
"ArcGIS Pro" Download
If you need to download the software to your Windows PC computer, follow the same
steps to login to ArcGIS Online and continue as follows:
- Once logged into ArcGIS Cloud, click on your profile in the upper right (picture of a face with your name) and select "my settings".
- Click on "Licenses" in the left navigation bar
- Select "ArcGIS Pro" from the Licenses list
- Click "Download"
"ArcGIS Desktop" Download
This version is not available via ArcGIS Online and includes the ArcMap, ArcCatalog and ArcScene software. The software is only for the personal use of approved students and cannot
be shared, as outlined in the GCCCD "Computer and Network Use Policy" (AP 3720).
Follow instructions below to download and install the files onto your Windows PC.
- Using Google Chrome, sign-in to the link above using your @GCCCD email and password
and download the .exe program and .prvc license files (2 files total)
NOTE: Only students registered for an ArcGIS course have access
- Once downloaded, locate the .exe file on your computer and run it
- It will ask to run the "setup program", approve it
- Once setup is complete, press "Finish" and an administration page will pop up:
- Select "Advanced (ArcInfo) Single Use" and press "authorize now"'
- On the next window, select "I have received an authorization file..." and click "browse"
- Locate and select the .prvc file you downloaded onto your computer
- On the next window, select "Authorize with ESRI now..."
- Click next on the window with pre-filled user information
- On the next window, complete the 3 drop-down boxes as they relate to you
- Click next on the "authorization number" window
- On the "extensions" window, select "I have authorization numbers..." and click next
- On the "evaluate" window, select all of the "available" extensions in the left column and click the arrow (→) to move them to the "evaluation" extensions column on the right. Click Next.
- Note: These extensions are fully licensed, despite it saying "evaluation"
- An "authorizing software" window will open. Click "Finish" when available
- The installer will complete and pop-up an "administration" window. Close it
Expand All | Collapse All
I can't login to Office
Make sure you are logging in with your current @GCCCD email and password
Visit the Passwords and Accounts guide and read the "Email" section for more information.
Visit the Office 365 guide for more information about Office.
The Canvas link doesn't work
Please visit www.office.com
directly in a web browser or access the ArcGIS site directly at https://grossmontcollege.maps.arcgis.com
I can't access Cloud on my Phone/Tablet
Please visit the website on a desktop computer or laptop
I'm having trouble installing the software
Make sure that the software is compatible with your computer by checking the ESRI
system requirements page for ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop
If you need additional help installing the software on your personal computer, please
visit their installation help page and follow the instructions to ArcGIS Pro and optional components or ArcGIS desktop.
NOTE: ArcGIS only works on Windows PC
I can't access the FTP site for Arc Desktop
Make sure you are able to also access "ArcGis Online". Only students in approved courses
can access the FTP site.
Make sure you are logging in with your @gcccd email and password when prompted. The
same you would use for campus email or Arc Online.
Make sure you are using Google Chrome to access the FTP website.
You may not have access until the first day of the semester.
If you are in a course using ArcGIS and still cannot access the FTP site, please contact
the Grossmont helpdesk and include your campus email address and the name of your instructor and course.