SPSS Software Download
You are eligible to download and install the IBM SPSS Statistics software program
if your instructor has indicated the class curriculum requires use of it. Follow the
steps below to assist with download and installation.
- License Code emails usually begin arriving a few days before the semester begins.
These will be sent to your campus email account, not personal. License codes are good for the year, so if you receive a code in Spring, you will
not receive another in Summer or Fall.
Note: If you registered for an 8 week course that meets during the 2nd half of the semester,
your code likely was sent at the beginning of the full semester.
DOWNLOAD & INSTALL THE SOFTWARE
- An email with SPSS instructions will be sent to your campus email account, firstname.lastname@example.org (your account may include numbers as well)
- For instructions on how to access your campus email account click here.
- For your @GCCCD email account, your default PIN/password will be your in a 6-digit
format, unless you have changed it (not your 8-digit Canvas password or Self Service password). View our password self-help guide for additional information.
- Using the Chrome web browser, login to the download website linked in the email.
- Download the software to your personal computer and install it.
NOTE: If you have already received an SPSS code during the Spring/Summer semester, you will
not receive an additional code for Fall. Continue using the same code.
Expand All | Collapse All
How do I check my campus email
I did not receive the email
- You must be officially registered for the class and it may take up to 24 hours after
registration before the email arrives. The email is sent to new recipients at 8am
- The email is automated and begins sending to registered students slightly before or
at the beginning of each semester
- If you received a code in a prior semester the same year, continue to use that code.
- If you are in an 8 week class that occurs in the 2nd half of a semester, the code
may have been sent to you at the beginning of the full semester (8 weeks prior).
- Make sure you are checking your @GCCCD student email and not your personal email.
- Search the inbox and spam/junk folder of your @GCCCD student email account for the
message. The email is titled “IBM SPSS Software installation and Activation information for your class” and was sent from Grossmont.Technology@gcccd.edu.
- SUMMER/FALL: If you have already received an SPSS code during the Summer semester, you will not
receive an additional code for Fall. Continue using your Summer code.
I received the email, but cannot download the software
- Make sure you are using the Chrome browser to access the download links (NOT Safari).
- Make sure you are signing in with your @GCCCD email and password when prompted.
I downloaded the software, but it’s not running on my computer
Make sure that your computer is compatible with the current version of IBM SPSS Statistics
(Windows 10 or OSX High Sierra 10.13 or newer). You cannot run SPSS on a Chromebook:
I still need assistance
Please send an email to the Grossmont Helpdesk (email@example.com) that includes the following information :
- Your name
- The course title and number
- The instructor’s name
- The issue you are experiencing