Our Commitment

Grossmont College is committed to helping students achieve their educational and career objectives. Here are the simple steps to become a Griffin. Complete these activities as early as possible to receive priority registration and achieve your goals sooner! 


If you have questions or having difficulties with any of these steps please email



All Students



Watch video in Arabic, Spanish or Farsi.


1. Submit an Online Application


The application is free! Before you register for classes, you must fill out an online application to the college. Grossmont College uses CCCApply to provide students with a quick, easy, and a secure way to apply to the college. 


Start Your Online Application*


*If you are an international student, use the international student application and guidelines.


It is Free! Before you can register for other classes for classes, you must fill out an online application to the college. Grossmont College uses CCCApply to provide students with a quick, easy and secure way to apply to the college. By applying early, you will increase your chances to complete the requirements necessary for priority registration.


You will receive an email confirmation when your application is processed. It is recommended you also apply for Financial Aid. Visit the online FAFSA Application and use Federal School Code: 001208


2. Virtual Campus Tour

Due to COVID-19 we are suspending in-person campus tours. However you can still explore Grossmont College virtually by clicking on the link below!


Virtual Tour

3. Grossmont-Cuyamaca College Promise

The Grossmont-Cuyamaca College Promise provides two-years of tuition at Grossmont or Cuyamaca College for first-time students who are attending college full-time. With the Promise, students have access to college, even those who never thought higher education was possible.

Eligibility and Requirements

As a first-time College student, you’ll need to take these steps to receive the Grossmont- Cuyamaca College Promise:

  • Be a first-time college student (includes dual enrollment or concurrent high school students) and a California resident or AB540 eligible
  • Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA or California Dream Act application
  • Complete the college onboarding process at Grossmont or Cuyamaca College: Application, Orientation, Placement Questionnaire, and Education Plan. For additional assistance, watch this video to help you complete the online orientation and abbreviated education plan.
  • Attend as a full-time student at Grossmont or Cuyamaca College (At least 12 credit units per semester)
  • Maintain a 2.0 college grade point average or higher to remain eligible
  • For more information go to mycollegepromise.net

4. Complete the New Student Orientation

All students should complete our online orientation that provides students with information on the programs offered at the college, students support services available, how to register for classes, and additional important information for students.


Once you complete your application and your application has been processed (usually within 1-2 business days), you should be able to login to WebAdvisor. For help logging into WebAdvisor video tutorial (1:08).


  1. Login to WebAdvisor
  2. Click the Students tab and then Under Orientation/Assess/Advising, click Step One - Online Orientation 

For help accessing the Online Orientation on WebAdvisor video (length 3:31).


5. Career Exploration

Career Coach

The steps students take in career exploration can help guide in making positive, well-informed education and career decisions. Your career journey begins with exploring your interests and figuring out how those line up with a major and career interest.


Understanding what careers are available and what the job market looks like can help you make decisions about major and career goals.


We recommend you to start exploring through Career Coach as you can:

  • Take a career assessment
  • Explore local careers
  • Explore industries and occupations that match your interests
  • Learn about educational programs that can prepare you for your dream job

You can also visit Grossmont College’s Career Center to continue exploring careers and majors by attending workshops. For help using Career Coach, please watch this video.


6. Assessment and Placement


The State of California has passed a new law (AB705) which provides students access to complete transfer level courses in English and math in one year. High school GPA will be the primary factor in determining placement. Please access the online guided self-placement questionnaire by following the directions listed below:

  • Log into WebAdvisor
  • Click on "Students"
  • Under Placement and Advise-Advising, Click "Step 2 Placement Questionnaire"

The questionnaire will determine if English language learners will need to take the ESL Guided Self Placement.

How to complete Placement Questionnaire Videos:





Advanced Placement (AP) Exam

If an AP exam has been passed with a score of 3 or higher in the following classes: English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Calculus AB or BC, or Statistics, students can submit the appropriate documentation through the prerequisite clearance online form for possible English and math placement.

Course from Another College

If an English or math class has been completed from another college or university within the United States, students can submit the appropriate documentation through the prerequisite clearance online form for possible English and math placement.


You can also visit the Counseling Center to request English/Math placement using unofficial transcripts from another college. The Counseling Center is located in Building 10.


* Official transcripts from other colleges and universities must be submitted to Admissions and Records at Grossmont College.


7. Get Your Abbreviated Education Plan

This is a 1- or 2-semester plan that will help you register for the right classes. Login to WebAdvisor. Click Students and then, under Orientation/Assess/Advising, click Step Three - Online Advising.


You can also create an abbreviated education plan in-person at a New Student Advising Workshops. To sign up, visit the counseling department in building 10 or call 619-644-7208.


Once you have declared your major, you should create your individualized Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP) with a counselor.


8. Financial Aid

Grossmont College has financial aid available to help you with the cost of fees, books and supplies, food, housing, transportation and childcare.

  • Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) allows citizens and eligible non-citizens to apply for federal and state financial aid. Make sure Grossmont’s Federal school code is listed (00120800) – Application opens October 1st for the following year.
  • California Dream Act (financial aid application for undocumented students only) The California Dream Act application allows undocumented students interested in attending eligible California Colleges and Universities to apply for state financial aid. This application is unrelated to the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. Make sure Grossmont’s Federal school code is listed (00120800) – Application opens October 1st for the following year.
    • If you have questions regarding the California Dream Act or if you are unsure of your eligibility under AB540, please contact the Grossmont College Financial Aid Office at Grossmont.FA.Outreach@gcccd.edu.
  • Scholarships A scholarship is financial support awarded to a student, based on academic achievement or other criteria that may include financial need, for the purpose of schooling. There are various types of scholarships – the two most common being merit-based and need-based. Scholarships are typically awarded using a variety of factors, including - but not limited to, academic achievement, departmental and community involvement, employment experience, areas of study, and financial need. You can view a complete list of scholarship opportunities at our scholarship page.

*If you need assistance in completing a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application, feel free to attend a financial aid workshop or email grossmont.fa.outreach@gcccd.edu.



9. Get Your Abbreviated Ed Plan

This is a 1 or 2 semester plan that is designed to meet your educational goals, and assist you with registering for classes. A follow-up counseling appointment is strongly recommended once you have declared your major to create your individualized Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP).

Option 1: Online

  1. Login to WebAdvisor
  2. Click Students and then once in the Student Menu, under Orientation/Assess/Advising, click Step Three - Online Advising

Option 2: In-Person

For First Time to College student that needs assistance on what courses to take your first semester (Abbreviated Education Plan- AEP) at Grossmont College. Please sign-up here, and our Counseling Center staff will call you to schedule a 30-minute virtual appointment with a counselor. IMPORTANT: Complete the online orientation and self-placement questionnaire prior to a Counseling appointment.


Students who complete these core services: orientation, assessment and education planning, are more likely to complete their educational objectives in a timely manner. These core services are critical to college success. We provide new college students with priority registration as an incentive to complete these onboarding services as early as possible.


10. How to Register


You will receive an email indicating your registration date and time: in April for Summer, June/July for Fall and November for Spring. Search the online class schedule. Check course prerequisites to make sure you are cleared ahead of time. Login into WebAdvisor to view registration date and registering for your classes.

Once you have your AEP- Abbreviated Educational Plan developed by a counselor, make certain to register and pay for your classes as soon as possible. Students will need to log into WebAdvisor to register and pay for your classes.

How to register for classes videos:



Note: Registration is not complete until your tuition and fees are paid. You can pay your fees via Self-Service or on campus at the Cashier office. Make sure to pay so you do not get dropped from your classes.

CONGRATULATIONS! You're one step closer to becoming a GRIFFIN! Check out our other resources.

High School Students


Special Admit Enrollment

The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District will provide opportunities for students to enroll in courses at Grossmont College or Cuyamaca College while they are enrolled in high school. Permission from the high school administrator and parental approval must be obtained prior to registration.


Eligibility of High School Students

To be eligible for concurrent enrollment, students:

  1. Must have completed the tenth grade and be at least 14 years of age at the opening day of the semester of attendance.
  2. Must be currently enrolled in high school.
  3. Must be determined by the high school principal (or designee) to have the ability to benefit from "advanced scholastic or vocational work."
  4. Have written parental approval prior to registration.

Prospective students who do not meet all these criteria will not be accepted for college admission. An appeal process is available through the Admissions and Records Office at Grossmont College.


General Rules Regarding College Enrollment for High School Students

  1. High school students will be held to the same academic and conduct standards as any other college student enrolled in the class. Access to specific courses may be limited by space availability and/or course prerequisites. (See college catalog and class schedule for specific information.)
  2. High school students will attend high school for at least the minimum high school day.
  3. High School/College Credit (HS/CC) students may enroll for either day or extended day courses but are limited to two courses per term. State law places a limit on the number of HS/CC students who may enroll in Exercise Science classes.
  4. All classes taken at Grossmont College are for college credit. Enrollment in the HS/CC program will establish a permanent college record. Courses taken for college credit may be used to meet high school graduation requirements; however, this determination is made solely by the high school district.
  5. High school students will need to provide transportation to and from the college, purchase a parking permit (if needed) and the required books and supplies for the college course(s).

Procedures for High School Students to Enroll at Grossmont

Plan Ahead. Students should begin the process for special admit enrollment at least one month before the semester or session of attendance. To enroll at the college, follow these procedures:

  1. Meet with your high school counselor or designee to:
    • Develop an educational program plan relating to the instructional program at the college, and
    • Select appropriate courses after the required prerequisites have been met.
  2. Complete the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form available on the web or at the college Admissions and Records Office.
  3. Obtain your parent's or guardian's signature on the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form.
  4. Complete an Application for Admission to Grossmont College.
  5. Present the application and High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization forms to the Admissions and Records Office at Grossmont College.
  6. English and mathematics assessment is required for students taking English and mathematics courses.
  7. Counseling services will be provided during the orientation session prior to the beginning of each semester.
  8. Internet registration is available using WebAdvisor.
  9. You may only register for courses in the subject areas approved on your High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form.

Fees for High School Students

  • HS/CC students must pay all appropriate and related fees.
  • California residents may be eligible for a fee waiver, but Federal financial aid is not available to high school students. (See the class schedule for specific information.)

Class Attendance

Attend class. You must be present for the first class meeting or the instructor may drop you. In addition, the instructor may drop you for excessive absences. However, it is always the students responsibility to drop the course before the published deadline date if you no longer plan to attend.


Additional Information for High School Students

If you wish to continue your concurrent enrollment into the next college semester, you may complete a new High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form. A new Application for Admission is not required.

Courses taken for college credit may be used to meet high school graduation requirements. An official college transcript should be requested by the student and sent to the high school for graduation evaluation.

Spring semester classes typically end in early June; therefore, grades may not be available until mid-June. Please consider this fact when making plans for high school graduation.

After high school graduation: If you have been enrolled in the HS/CC program, you are eligible to continue your enrollment at Grossmont College. Please notify the Admissions and Records Office of your graduation so that your records can be updated.

International Students


Submit the International Application Online

It's free to apply to Grossmont College. Complete the Online Application for International Students.

  • Create an account as a new user and remember your “user name” and “password.”
  • If you do not have a Social Security Number, click on “no number.”
  • If you are living in your home country, be sure to click “Foreign address” before inputting your address.

You must complete the area labeled "Major Code" with the area of study you would most like to study. The major needs to be one of the listed Grossmont College majors. Later, if you wish, you may change your major. If you leave this space blank, we will automatically enter a "General Studies" major.


Submit All Documents

The online application AND all documents are required by the deadline. Documents may be sent by email to grossmont.international@gcccd.edu as attachments. If you are applying from your home country, you should submit the six documents below for admission. Transfer students should submit all eight documents. After all documents are received, a SEVIS I-20 will be issued. 


Note: All students must attend an international student orientation. Failure to attend the FULL orientation program will result in a cancellation of your admission.


Important Dates for Entering the U.S.

Fall 2020 Semester Start Date: August 17, 2020
Initial students may enter the U.S.A. after July 18, 2020


Fall 2020 Semester End Date: December 16, 2020
Please check WebAdvisor for your registration date starting in June 2020


Spring 2021 Semester Start Date: February 1, 2021
Initial students may enter the U.S.A. after January 2, 2021


Spring 2021 Semester End Date: June 7, 2021
Grossmont College Commencement: Wednesday, June 9, 2021


*Program I: December 8 and 9, 2020 - for transfer students only
*Program II: January 5 and 6, 2021 - for transfer and home country students.


*In person orientations are subject to change and may be limited due to the impacts of COVID-19. Grossmont College will be following the guidelines set by the CDC, California Public Health and County of San Diego health regulations.


View International Student Orientation details.


English Proficiency Requirements

Students must demonstrate English proficiency through one of the following:

  1. Official TOEFL score – ETS must send an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score directly to Grossmont College. Our ETS college code is 4334. The minimum score is iBT 45 (internet-based). 
    There is an on-campus intensive English program available through American Collegiate English (ACE) for those who do not have a score of iBT 45. No TOEFL is required for students transferring from ACE to Grossmont College.
  2. --CURRENTLY NOT OFFERED DUE TO COVID-19 CAMPUS CLOSURE--Grossmont College offers an Institutional ESL Assessment. The minimum placement score is ESL 105 for admission purposes. The ESL placement score is good for 1 year and ESL assessment test can be taken once per application period. For more information, test dates, and to register, please click here: Institutional ESL Assessment Registration Form. Please register early to save your space. Results will available within 5 business days. THIS IS A FREE ESL ASSESSMENT, there are no fees associated with this assessment. 
  3. Official IELTS score - Submit official IELTS (The International English Language Testing System) to Grossmont College. The minimum score is 4.5 on the academic module. 
  4. Official Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) minimum score of 39. 
  5. Students whose native language is Japanese ONLY may submit EIKEN test results with a minimum score grade of "2A”. 
  6. Duolingo English Test (online) minimum score of 75
  7. Students whose primary language is English do not need to submit TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson PTE Academic reports.
  8. Students who are attending the following language schools and have completed the coursework below may submit certificates from the schools:

Language School


American Collegiate English (ACE) at Grossmont

Recommendation from the program

American Language Institute (ALI) at SDSU

Level EAP 105

Connect English San Diego

College Eligibility Test (CET) minimum score of 62

Converse International School of Languages

Level 6 (High Intermediate)

College of English Language (CEL)

Level 4 (Upper Intermediate)

ELS Language Centers

Level 109

Embassy English

Level 5 (Upper Intermediate)

English Language Institute (ELI) at UCSD Extension

Level 107

Language Studies International (LSI)

Level 4

Q International School

Mid-Advance or High Advanced level with 3.0 GPA and above

Stafford House International

Upper Intermediate Level 5 of Level B2,
Advanced Level 6 of Level C1,
Proficient Level 7 of Level C2


High School / College Transcript

Submit official diploma or certificate from High School/secondary school and/or transcripts from any college/universities you have attended. The documents do not need to be translated.


Sponsor Form

Submit Sponsor Certification form, signed by your sponsor. This form indicates that the person who signs the form is willing and financially able to support you as an International Student for the duration of your studies at Grossmont College.


Financial Statement

Submit proof of financial support demonstrating that you or your sponsor can meet the minimum estimated tuition and living expenses. 

It is estimated that you will need a minimum of $29,700 per year. This proof must be your sponsor's bank statement or letter (original document) from their financial institution with the required amount $29,700 in U.S. dollars. This letter must be written in English and have a U.S. dollar amount on it. (Fees are subject to change.)

*Estimated annual expenses
Tuition and fees: $8,100 
Living Expenses: $21,600 
Total Expenses: $29,700


Copy of Passport ID page

Submit a copy of the photo ID and expiration date page(s) of your valid passport. 


Copy of F-1 Visa, I-94, and current I-20

FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS ONLY: Submit a copy of your F-1 visa and I-94 print-out (You may retrieve your number from I-94 Official Website) and the I-20 from your current or most recent school.


Transfer Form

FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS ONLY: Submit International Student Transfer Form if you are attending another U.S. institution. This form needs to be filled out by your CURRENT school's International Student DSO, Advisor, or Specialist and must show your last date of attendance. 


We will not be able to issue an I-20 without this form.


After Your Acceptance to Grossmont College

MANDATORY ORIENTATION: All students are required to attend an international student orientation program. Students should attend the earliest possible orientation for better class selection. 

Failure to attend orientation will result in cancellation of your admission to Grossmont College. An Orientation Reservation Form will be emailed upon acceptance to Grossmont College.


ARRIVAL IN THE U.S.: Once a student has been accepted and has obtained an F-1 visa, the student may enter the U.S. up to 30 days prior to the program start date on the I-20. 

It is advised that the student arrive 4 weeks before the first day of semester classes in order to attend the orientation program and locate housing. It is your responsibility to make flight arrangements which will enable you to attend orientation.

 Transferring Students


If you are transferring to Cuyamaca College from another institution, apply online like all students. Then have your official transcripts sent to us in a sealed envelope.

Grossmont College only accepts official transcripts for evaluations, graduation, academic renewal, and course repetition. Official transcripts must be in a sealed envelope.


Where to Send Transcripts

Only colleges/universities may submit electronic transcripts. If you are delivering in person, they must be in an official, sealed envelope.



In Person


Admissions & Records
Grossmont College
8800 Grossmont College Drive
El Cajon, CA 92020

Building 10 – Student Services & Administration


Foreign Transcripts

Transcripts (educational credentials) issued in foreign countries from non-American institutions and those in language other than English require special handling. Each foreign transcript must be translated into English and submitted to an approved agency.

Beginning July 2017, Grossmont College accepts the evaluations of foreign transcripts from only those agencies that are current members of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluations Services). For a current list of agencies visit: www.naces.org.

 Undocumented Students


The following is the Dream Act Student Checklist for undocumented students:


  1. APPLY
    Complete online application at www.grossmont.edu. You will receive an email confirmation of your application and have student access to WebAdvisor within one business day.                                                                                                                                                                                
    The online orientation introduces students to Grossmont College, provides information about student services/resources and prepares you to be a successful student. Complete online orientation by logging into WebAdvisor.

    USER ID: firstname.lastname
    PASSWORD: 6-digit date of birth MMDDYY
    If you are unable to log in using this method click on "I'm new to WebAdvisor" and follow the steps to find your user ID. 

    The Grossmont College assessment is used to place new students into appropriate level English and Math courses. Use WebAdvisor to schedule an appointment to take the assessment.

    *GUHSD students: Check with your counselor to find out if the assessment will be offered on your high school campus.                                                                                                               
    Affidavit will be emailed to you once your application has been processed by Admissions & Records (A&R). If you do not receive a form, you may pick up a California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request at the Admissions & Records department located in the student services building 10.

    Bring Unofficial High School Transcript with you. You may request your unofficial transcript in your high school's counseling office.

    Note: If you are applying early and have not yet graduated you MUST submit a letter, on official letterhead, from your high school counselor or principal, verifying that you are set to graduate. Once your graduation status is posted, a new transcript or diploma must be submitted to A&R.                                                                                                                   
    This online advising can be accessed by logging into WebAdvisor. This interactive virtual advising session will assist you in creating your initial education plan.

    Tip: New students are encouraged to take advantage of the optional advising session and meet with a counselor on campus. Appointments may be scheduled using WebAdvisor.

    Search for desired courses and register for classes on or after your assigned registration date using WebAdvisor.

    Once your application is submitted, CSAC will forward your DREAM ACT application to the Grossmont College Financial Aid department to determine your eligibility for the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGW) and Cal Grant. Apply for BOGW using WebAdvisor located in the student menu under Grossmont Financial Aid.

    (Between January 1 and March 2 of each year) The Dream Act may be completed by undocumented students who meet AB540 criteria. You may complete the application at https://www.csac.ca.gov/dream_act.asp

    Once your application is submitted, CSAC will forward your DREAM ACT application to the Grossmont College Financial Aid department to determine your eligibility for the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGW) and Cal Grant. Apply for BOGW using WebAdvisor located in the student menu under Grossmont Financial Aid.

    Apply for the Dream Center Program, whose mission is to offer support for undocumented students.                                                                                                                                        
    Pay any fees due within 10 days of registration to avoid risk of being dropped for non-payment.

    Attend the first day of class. Students who are not present on the first day of class may be dropped.

Be sure to ask about Student Service Programs and campus based scholarships (must meet eligibility requirements):

  • EOPS - Extended Opportunities Programs & Services (low-income and educationally disadvantaged)
  • DSPS - Disabled Student Programs and Services (any type of disability)
  • CalWorks (designed for students who are parents and in county programs CalWorks/TANF)




More Help Applying to Grossmont

Counseling Center

Student Workshops

Travel Information for International Students

International Student Counseling

International Student Center