Concurrent Enrollment

The Grossmont/Cuyamaca Community College District will provide opportunities for students to enroll in courses at Grossmont College or Cuyamaca College while they are enrolled in high school. Permission from the high school administrator and parental approval must be obtained prior to filing an Application for Admission.

Eligibility of Students

To be eligible for concurrent enrollment, students:

  1. Must be enrolled in ninth grade.
  2. Must be currently enrolled in high school.
  3. Must be determined by the high school principal (or designee) to have the ability to benefit from "advanced scholastic or vocational work."
  4. Have written parental approval prior to filing a college Application for Admission.

Prospective students who do not meet all these criteria will not be accepted for college admission. An appeal process is available through the Admissions and Records Office at Grossmont College.


General Rules Regarding College Enrollment


Plan Ahead. Students should begin the process for concurrent enrollment at least one month before the semester or session of attendance. To enroll concurrently at the college, follow these procedures:

  1. Meet with your high school counselor or designee to:
  1. Complete the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form available on-line, at the college Admissions and Records Office or the high school counselor's office.
  2. Obtain your parent's or guardian's signature on the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form.
  3. Complete an Application for Admission to Grossmont College. Click here to apply on-line.
  4. Present the application (or Signature Page if you apply on-line) and High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization forms to the Admissions and Records Office at Grossmont College.
  5. English and mathematics placement is required for students taking English and mathematics courses.
  6. Counseling services will be provided during the orientation session prior to the beginning of each semester.
  7. Internet registration is available using WebAdvisor.
  8. You may only register for courses in the subject areas approved on your High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form.


Class Attendance

You must be present for the first class meeting or the instructor may drop you. In addition, the instructor may drop you for excessive absences. However, it is always the students responsibility to drop the course before the published deadline date if you no longer plan to attend.


Additional Information

After high school graduation: If you have been enrolled in the HS/CC program, you are eligible to continue your enrollment at Grossmont College. Please notify the Admissions and Records Office of your graduation so that your records can be updated.