Step 3: Set-up & Access

After you complete your intake appointment, you will receive an Authorized Academic Accommodations (AAA) letter, which confirms your participation with the A.R.C. and summarizes all of the accommodations approved for you to use for your Grossmont College classes. Your AAA or accommodations letter is valid for your time at Grossmont College unless there is a "temporary" note or expiration date indicated on your letter. 


To access or use your accommodations and support services, you may need to complete an online request for accommodation form(s). This process happens every semester and is only for certain accommodations that may require A.R.C. coordination. 


Accommodations requiring an online request form are listed below. You must already have authorization for the accommodations you are requesting; review your AAA letter for a list of your authorized accommodations. It is recommended to complete your online request form(s) after you have registered for classes, at the start of the each term, or as soon as possible.


Request for Testing Accommodation form

Request for Alternate Media Books (Audio Books) form

Request for ASL Interpreter & Real Time Captioning (Classroom) form

Request for ASL Interpreter & Real Time Captioning (Academic Activity) form


Step 1 | Step 2 | Step 3



Use your Authorized Academic Accommodations (AAA) letter. Your AAA letter verifies your services with the A.R.C. and provides you with a summary of your accommodations. 


If you wish to share your AAA letter to help you dialogue with your instructors, you may do so. Showing, providing, or emailing a copy of your AAA letter to your instructors may help you more effectively communicate and use your accommodations in class. This is optional.


Check-in with an A.R.C. Counselor/Specialist regularly. Schedule an appointment with an A.R.C. Counselor/Specialist for disability, academic, career, and personal counseling.


For help choosing classes, meet with an A.R.C. Counselor/Specialist. An abbreviated education plan (AEP) will give you a list of classes for one semester. A comprehensive education plan (CEP) will give you a list of classes for your remaining semesters in order for you to reach your educational goals. This is a roadmap for your certificate, Associate degree, or transfer. 

Trouble accessing an authorized academic accommodation? 

Book an appointment  with an A.R.C. Counselor/Specialist immediately to address your concerns.