Digital Signage services are cloud-based and offered in conjunction with our vendor,
Reach Media Network.
- Slides must either be in a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio in Landscape or Portrait Format. There are separate playlists for portrait displays (PVAC) and landscape (everywhere
- File Format - Slides must be an appropriate format: .JPG, .PPTX (powerpoint), .PDF, .MP4 (video)
- Resolution (image size) - Slides should be designed at a 4K resolution (3840x2160) with a DPI of 72. The Templates are pre-set for this. You cannot add a slide that is not a 1080p or 4k format.
- Audio is not permitted as part of your videos/slides. There may be exceptions for department
specific displays and specific displays during special events.
- Captions must be burned in on any slide with audio or speaking/sounds. It is best practice and a requirement
to display captioning for accessibility on public facing content.
- Schedule - Slides must have a defined start and end date. For events, slides may run up to 1 month before the event start and will stop on
the event end date.
- Design Best Practices - Slides should be easy to read with limited text in a large font. Colors and fonts
should be "simple". Include relevant details - dates, times, locations, QR code, etc).
See this Guide for Best Practices of Design.