Grossmont College Campus Posting Guidelines
To keep our campus beautiful, your compliance to the posting regulations is greatly
- A “flyer” is material with a size of 8½ x 11” or smaller.
- A “poster” is material larger than the size of 8½ x 11”, but not more than 3 feet
by 5 feet.
Important Information for Students:
Students are required to conform to District and College rules and regulations. When
posting materials the following Student Code of Conduct regulations will be enforced:
- Obstruction or disruption of instructional, counseling, administrative, public service
or other authorized District or College functions or activities is not permitted.
- Willful failure to comply with directions of District or College officials, including
faculty and staff acting in the performance of their duties, is not permitted.
- Students in violation of the rules may receive administrative action including not
being permitted to post materials on campus. Non-students in violation of the rules
will not be permitted to post materials on campus.
Campus Posting Policies:
- Promotional materials must be approved by the Dean of Student Affairs or his designee(s)
prior to being posted.
- Staff and faculty may post unlimited flyers to the day of the event if the promotional
material is associated with the college classes and department activities.
- Students may post up to 15 flyer to the day of the event if the promotional material
is associated with the college classes and department activities.
- Non-students may post 10 flyers for up to 10 instructional days.
- Requestors are responsible for the removal of their expired materials on campus. Associated
Students of Grossmont College (ASGC) has a paper-recycling program and discarded materials
can be placed in the “mixed paper” recycling bin located in the office.
- Materials are not allowed on vehicles parked on college property.
- Posting is also prohibited in the following areas:
- Front and all sides of vending machines and pay telephones
- Light posts
- Trees and plants
- Indoor and outdoor seating and table furniture
- Walkway and staircase railings and surfaces
- Non-Grossmont College classes and college sports promotional materials require the
approval of the Dean of Student Affairs, prior to posting.
- Employment related materials must be approved by the Career/Job Placement Center staff.
- Materials may be taped on brick surfaces only and must be taped with blue painters tape only. Materials may not be posted on painted surfaces, unpainted concrete surfaces, glass
surfaces, benches and tables.
- Only small tacks or pushpins are allowed on bulletin boards and kiosks. STAPLES ARE
- Materials must contain information including name of individual or organization, email,
website and phone number.
- Staff and student leaders are assigned to remove outdated materials for recycling
purposes and deliver to the ASGC Office.
- Content NOT permitted: Lewd, indecent, or obscene expression or language on material
includes but is not limited to language or graphics designed to shock, incitement
to violence, slurs or denigration or any cultural group or individuals, sexually suggestive
language or graphics.
- One poster is allowed per side of building with a maximum of two sides per building
with the following exceptions:
- GRIFFIN CENTER No posters are allowed on the Griffin Center.
- FACULTY AND DEPARTMENT BULLETIN BOARDS Bulletin boards and enclosed display cases
outside faculty offices, department offices and college program offices are for the
exclusive use of that faculty, departments and programs. No permission is needed from
the Student Affairs Office for materials posted in those areas. No other flyers or
posters are permitted. Faculty and staff are encouraged to remove unauthorized materials
from those bulletin boards and display cases.
- LEARNING AND TECHNOLOGY RESOURCE CENTER (LTRC) No posting of materials on either side
of the LTRC entrance areas including the interior areas.
For additional information please contact Student Affairs at 619-644-7600.