Our mission is to celebrate, educate and raise awareness of the many diverse and intersecting Asian and Pacific Islander cultures, histories and lived experiences here and abroad, which are represented by members of our college community.
By sponsoring these activities, the members of the Asian Pacific Islander (API) Committee hope to build understanding, challenge stereotypes and foster a sense of belonging, harmony and inclusivity at Grossmont College and East County San Diego.
Wed., Oct. 13
Open to all! Register to attend Virtual Event
Additionally, performers must sign-up here. Anyone in GCCCD wanting to perform is welcomed!
Learn more about Kandi at: https://linktr.ee/kuttinkandi.
Jose Antonio Vargas
Journalist, Filmmaker & Activist
Cosponsored by the JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion) Council
Thu., Oct. 21
Communal Adobo Cooking Hour
Fri., Oct. 22
Let's cook together from our kitchens, on Zoom! Get your ingredients together for a Filipino-style adobe dish, and we'll build community, conversing while we go through the steps of making this delicious meal.
Tue., Oct 26
Griffin Gate, Building 60
- Open to the GCCCD community, but subject to change
- Food sponsored by ASGC and provided by Tita's Kitchenette
- COVID-19 protocols will be observed on campus
Event will also be live-streamed here: https://tinyurl.com/samahanshow
Wed., Oct. 27
- Alyssa Crisostomo, Grossmont College student
- Daniela Sow, Assistant Professor, English
- Desmond Morente Ph.D, Counseling Faculty
- Gabe Angcao, Grossmont College student
- Lisa Negre Brlas, Public Services Library Technician
Sat., Oct. 30
We condemn violence against AAPI Americans and commit to fighting racism and systemic inequities. Adopted by our:
See the Resolution.
See our Current Members