F-1 Student Visa Application


International students must have an F-1 visa to enter the United States. Note that you are allowed to stay in the United States as long as your I-20 is valid; however, if you're traveling abroad, you will need a valid F-1 visa to re-enter the United States.


Applying from your Home Country

  •  Apply to Grossmont College and receive the Form I-20 non-immigrant document. Click here for details.
  • Pay the Department of Homeland Security SEVIS I-901 fee at www.fmjfee.com and make an appointment for a face-to-face visa interview with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country.

You can find additional information at the U.S. I.C.E website

You can find visa instructions for your specific country at www.usembassy.gov

You can find tips for the interview at www.nafsa.org


  • When your visa is approved and your I-20 is returned, you are on your way!
    Please read the Arrival information and plan to attend the International Student Orientation.


Remember, apply for admission to Grossmont College and your visa early! You can review the visa appointment and processing wait times at Visa Wait Times.



Welcome Transfer Students! 

Complete the first step above. You can pick up your new I-20 at Grossmont College. Be sure to RSVP for and attend the soonest available International Student Orientation (mandatory). 



Related Resources

International Student Application