Emergency Assistance Program
The Emergency Assistance Program is funded by the Foundation for Grossmont & Cuyamaca
Community Colleges and our local Community Partners and Donors, whose mission is to
assist our students in times of unexpected need to ensure that they can stay enrolled
and ultimately meet their education goals.
The Grossmont College Emergency Assistance program is accepting applications.
The Emergency Assistance Program is designed to help students who have experienced unexpected financial hardships during an academic semester. Students must be referred to the program by a faculty or staff member.
The program is supported through contributions from various community organizations and individual donors in the greater East County and San Diego areas. It is for this reason that Grossmont College may assist students referred to the Emergency Assistance Program with non-recurring financial emergencies that will allow them to remain in school.
Approved requests may be limited due to available funding. It is important that requests be specific and detailed when answering the on-line application questions and for students to provide all possible documentation to assist in the verification of your emergency expenses.
To apply eligible applicants MUST:
- Be referred by a Grossmont College Administrator, Faculty, or Staff member
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Grossmont College.
- Have a minimum overall 2.0 GPA for all completed college coursework, demonstrate satisfactory academic progress.
- Be seeking a declared certificate, degree or transfer objective.
- Have a documental “extreme personal/financial emergency”. Emergencies consist of unusual "non-recurring expenses".
- Books (first 2 weeks)
- Child care
- Unexpected automobile
- Unexpected medical/dental
- Car Payment
- Cell Phone
- Entertainment Expenses
- Legal fees
- Loan Payments
- Monthly Bills
- Be referred by a Grossmont College Administrator, Faculty or Staff member
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Office will provide the student with the Emergency Assistance Application.
- Student must submit their application and all of the appropriate documentation to support their request for emergency funds. Submit your application via e-mail by sending it to Luma.Shamon@gcccd.edu.
If awarded, student will receive a disbursement through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. BankMobile Disbursement methods vary based on student's selection. For BankMobile Disbursement assistance please click here.
For further assistance with the Emergency Assistance Program, please email or call Luma Shamon, Scholarship Specialist, at (619) 644-7062 to make an appointment. We are located in the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office (Building 10).