Website: Grossmont Admissions and Records Website


General Information

Expand All | Collapse All

Q: How can I contact staff members / who do I contact?

A: Students can communicate with A&R staff via e-email or zoom. you must provide your student ID# and your full name in order for us to better assist you.

ZOOM Information: Griffin Virtual Help Desk Zoom Link


Please direct your specific questions to the appropriate staff members listed below:


For IGETC certification or Graduation Inquiries contact your Evaluation Advisor:

Q: How do I turn in documents to staff if I cannot go to campus?

A: You may scan or take a picture of your document(s), and e-mail your document(s) to Or refer to above information.

  • There are many free scanning applications available online for scanning purposes. You may locate one that best fits you by searching it online.

Excused Withdrawal

Expand All | Collapse All

Q: How do I receive an Excused Withdrawal (EW) for Spring 2020 / Summer 2020 / Fall 2020?

A: If you would like to withdraw from your class(es) due to the impact of COVID-19, you may submit an excused withdrawal petition.

  • Please follow the Excused Withdrawal (EW) process via this link: GCCCD COVID-19 Excused Withdrawal Form
  • All approved withdrawals related to COVID-19 will result in an EW and a refund issued. Unlike a “W” and “EW” will not be used for determining progress or in the GPA calculation by the campus. This may not be true for Financial Aid, so please see your financial aid advisor or email them via 
Q: Will I get a refund for my classes?

A: For withdrawals related to COVID-19, students will be able to receive a refund.

Q: Will I lose financial aid eligibility if I drop a class due to an excused withdrawal?

A: For questions on continued financial aid eligibility, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

High School Students

Expand All | Collapse All

Q: Where can I submit my High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form?

A: You can submit your completed form via email to 


  • Please enter email subject: High School Enrollment Authorization.
Q: Has my High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form been processed?

A: If you have questions regarding the status of your form please email your concerns to


Expand All | Collapse All

Q: When will my petition be reviewed?

A: The petitions committee continues to review petitions every Wednesday with the exception of Academic Renewals.

  • All petitions must be submitted by the end of business hours on Tuesday to be reviewed on Wednesday by the petitions committee.
  • The results will be emailed the following Monday.
  • Please be sure you have updated your email address in Self-Service. (Takes 24 hours for change to take effect)
Q: When will Academic Renewals be reviewed and processed?

A: Academic Renewals will be processed on a case by case basis. All coursework from any regionally accredited institution must be submitted with a petition in order for it to be reviewed.

  • Any official transcripts missing results in an incomplete petition, therefore cannot be processed. Our office continues to receive and process all electronic or mailed official transcripts we receive.
  • If you are in an extenuating circumstance such as transferring, need to complete an Academic Renewal this semester, and you do not have the means to provide an electronic official transcript directly by your institution(s).
  • Please submit a General Petition to explaining your circumstances.

Transcripts and Verification

Please note given the ongoing crisis there are delays with the processing of transcripts and enrollment verifications with the exception of SDSU transcripts. We continue to have the ability to electronically submit transcripts to SDSU on a weekly basis.


Expand All | Collapse All

Q: How do I order a transcript?

Grossmont College has partnered with Parchment Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet. Please click on the Parchment (link) below to place your request.  


**Please note: A $2.55 online handling fee will be charged per transcript.** 

Students first two transcripts ever requested are free. For additional transcript requests, there is a $3.00 fee charged by the college.





Questions about requesting your official transcript? Please see Transcripts FAQ. You can also email: 

Q: I need an Enrollment Verification; how do I get one?

A: To conveniently serve Grossmont College students around the clock, Grossmont has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent for verification of student enrollment status.


You can obtain an official Enrollment Verification Certificate at any time via the Clearinghouse Web site at: 


1. Click on the Students tab
2. Click on EnrollmentVerify, then click Credit Card Purchase. There is a $2.50 charge per certificate, which can be billed to your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card.
3. Print your Enrollment Verification Certificate.
4. This Enrollment Verification Certificate can be presented to health insurance agencies, housing authorities, consumer product companies, banks, etc., when asked to provide official evidence of enrollment at Grossmont College.

You may email for more information.

Q: How do I turn in my official transcripts?

A: Please have your institutions send us your official transcript directly via email at 



You may have your institutions mail us your official transcript directly to
Grossmont College
Admissions and Records
8800 Grossmont College Dr
El Cajon, CA 92020

Q: What if I have an unopened sealed copy of my official transcript?

A: We may accept any unopened sealed official transcript. Please mail it over to the address stated above.