Expand All | Collapse All
How can I contact a Transfer Center Counselor?
You can reach us via email while we are working remotely. Visit our Contact Us page. We are here to help!
In addition, please find links below to ask us questions, schedule appointments and
send us emails!
- Do you have a quick question for a counselor?
- Please submit your question via e-Advising. Please note e-Advising responses could take up to five (5) business days to receive.
- Or you may email us* at email@example.com. Include your name, ID# and phone number and the question you would like a counselor
- Depending on the question you have, you may be referred to make an appointment with
- Appointments are for Transfer Students planning to transfer from Grossmont to a 4-year
university with questions beyond our Quick Questions/e-Advising service. If you are not planning to transfer and would like to schedule a counseling appointment
(for example, you have questions about Associate degree requirements, are requesting
assistance with a petition, have overload questions, etc) please visit the Counseling Center website to schedule an appointment.
- You may choose Zoom or phone appointment. Please let us know your preference when
requesting an appointment.
- Use our online appointment scheduling system to schedule an appointment with a Counselor. Be sure to note in the comments: 1)
preference for Zoom or phone appointment, 2) transfer institution, 3) major, and 4)
topics you'd like to discuss. Appointments scheduled with a Transfer Counselor, that are not transfer related will
- Or you may email us* at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment. Include your name, ID# and phone number, request for
phone or Zoom appointment, date(s)/time(s) preference and the questions you would
like a Counselor to address.
- Log in to Zoom at your appointment time. Students 15 minutes late will need to reschedule.
If you have indicated a preference for a phone appointment, your Counselor will call
the phone number on file at your appointment time.
- Please be ready to verify your identity (e.g. show ID card) at the start of your appointment.
Phone appointments will be required to answer a series of questions.
- Do you have a question about our office? Scheduling an appointment? Services available?
- Please email us* at email@example.com. Include your name, ID# and phone number and the question you would like addressed.
*Please note we are responding to emails during regularly scheduled business hours
and depending on the number of emails received could take several business days to
We look forward to connecting with you!
Please know: While the Grossmont College campus has been closed until further notice
in response to COVID-19, it remains our goal to provide information for effective
transfer planning to California State University (CSU), University of California (UC),
Independent/Private or Out-of-State Colleges and Universities. In an effort to provide
the best services we can during this challenging time we are making as much information
available online as possible and as soon as possible. Please check back regularly.
We will get through this together and be stronger because of it.
I received my admission decision from the university. What are my next steps?
Next steps will depend on the university you applied to and also on the admission
decision you received. We invite you to connect with a Counselor either through our
e-Counseling Quick Question format or by scheduling an appointment. Please see the
“Counseling Support during Closure” section on our website for details.
I have been admitted to a university for fall 2020. But I'd like to start in the summer.
How can I do that?
In order to make this request for an earlier start date you will need to speak with
your university’s Admissions Office.
I was denied admission to SDSU, how do I appeal?
- Consult the SDSU Admissions Appeals website for instructions, appeal form, and submission instructions.
- Contact our SDSU Admissions Representative, Magaly, to find out your reason for denial.
Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your Name and RedID number.
- Review a sample appeal letter.
- Review the appeal form with answers to Entry Status and Reason for Appeal selected. You may choose to print,
fill out, and scan this form as a pdf to submit with your appeal packet. Or go to
the pdf on SDSU's website and fill in your answers, save as pdf and email with packet.
- Review our "I Got Denied...Now What?" workshop PowerPoint.
- Questions: email us at email@example.com
I was denied admission to another campus, how do I appeal?
How do I look for other options for fall 2020 transfer?
University Representatives that were scheduled to be at our Spring 2020 Transfer Options
Fair have provided information about their campuses, how to apply and their university
representative's contact info. This is available on our Transfer Fair website. Many of these campuses continue to accept applications for the 20-21 academic year.
Contact Us with additional questions.
Should I opt for P/NP?
It is critical to consult a counselor re P/NP. While UC and CSU are being more flexible
with P/NP in regards to admissions for Fall 2020 there are other implications to consider,
including, but not limited to: screening criteria within the major/department, prerequisites
for upper-division courses, future career, licensing, financial aid, etc. Counselors
can be reached via Ask a Counselor
or the Grossmont Transfer Center email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How has the UC responded to COVID-19?
How has the CSU responded to COVID-19?
Please consult the Admission Guidance for Incoming Transfers on the Cal State Apply website.
How can I contact my future CSU campus?
If you have a specific question for a CSU campus, you may reach out to them via email.
Contact information for each of the 23 CSU campuses can be found here.
How do I request my official transcript be sent to my university?
Transcripts are being sent while campus is closed. Transcripts sent to SDSU will
be sent electronically. All other transcripts are sent by mail. For instructions
how to request transcripts to be sent please see the Admissions and Records webpage
and specifically the information "Official Transcripts--Order Online".
Please Note: Your GCCCD transcripts will include both Grossmont and Cuyamaca coursework.
If you attended another college/university outside of our district you will need to
complete a separate request through that college.
How do I request GE Certification?
Depending on the University you are transferring to, you may need to request GE Certification.
To initiate this process please email Grossmont.Evaluations@gcccd.edu.
How do I send Final ADT Verification to my CSU?
Final verification of your ADT is included on your final transcripts. Final transcripts
deadline for CSU campuses is July 15. Final transcripts deadline for the UC campuses
is July 1. Extensions have been granted for students that need them. If you have
attended a campus outside of GCCCD and cannot meet the posted deadlines, please work
with your university campuses directly.