Institutional Learning Outcomes
Critical and Creative Thinking
- Students will analyze, connect, and synthesize ideas in order to creatively solve problems.
- Students will demonstrate comfort and competence in interpreting and working with numerical data to weigh evidence, support arguments, and solve problems in everyday life situations.
- Students will explore issues, ideas, artifacts, and events thoroughly and gather evidence from multiple perspectives before forming an opinion or conclusion.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Global and Local Perspectives
- Students will recognize the interdependence of the physical, social, political, and cultural environments in which they live.
- Students will demonstrate sensitivity, respect, and integrity when interacting with individuals of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and values.
Technology and Information Skills
- Students will gain core information literacy skills by critically evaluating information, identifying the most reliable information from a variety of sources, and recognizing the importance of being well-informed and sharing information responsibly.
- Students will demonstrate skill in the applications and ethical implications of using technology.
Life and Career Skills
- Students will engage in self-reflection to cultivate their personal development and emotional, psychological, and physical well-being.
- Students will engage in, interpret, and appreciate various forms of artistic and creative expression.
- Students will demonstrate and apply the attitudes, knowledge, ethics, and skills necessary to contribute to professional, civic, and academic communities.