How to Apply
Due to campus currently being closed, we are only accepting applications for the Ortho
Tech Program electronically for the time being. Therefore, please submit your completed
application along with any supporting documentation/requirements listed below to Health
Professions Specialist, Denise Gilbert, at email@example.com. If you plan on submitting official transcripts with your application, please reach
out to Denise prior to submitting your application packet for further instruction.
In order to apply to the Orthopedic Technology Program at Grossmont College, prospective
students must complete the following requirements:
- Download, review, and complete the Orthopedic Technology Program Application
- Complete the required prerequisite of Human Anatomy (BIO 140) or Anatomy & Physiology
I (BIO 144) OR equivalent if taken at another college.
- The course must include a lab and be completed with a letter grade "C" or higher.
If you are unsure if a course you took at another college will be accepted as an equivalent,
please contact our office with the course description for evaluation.
- Download, review, and complete (using the Grossmont College Health Professions Immunization Requirements Form) all required Hospital/Healthcare Agency immunizations and/or tests, including:
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) - 2 vaccinations and/or positive test for immunity.
- Hepatitis B (Hep B) - 3 vaccinations AND a positive quantitative test for immunity. *The Hepatitis B series, if taken on schedule,
will take approximately 7 months to complete with immunity testing. Please plan accordingly.
Please make a copy of the blood test results to include with your application packet.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Accellular Pertussis (Tdap)- 1 vaccine given within the past
- Varicella (Chickenpox)- 2 vaccinations and/or positive test for immunity.
Your completed Application Packet must include the following:
- A completed Orthopedic Technology application
- A sealed, official transcript for the required prerequisite. If the course was taken
at GCCCD, you do not need to include official transcripts as the Orthopedic Technology
Program office will obtain the transcript for you.
- A copy of your high school diploma, equivalent, or higher degree.
- A completed Immunization Requirements Form showing proof of completion of all required
immunizations/tests listed above and a copy of any supporting documentation.
Applications must be submitted in person to the Orthopedic Technology Program Office
unless residing outside of San Diego County.
Grossmont College Orthopedic Technology Program
Building 34, Room 256
8800 Grossmont College Drive
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619) 644-7448 Office
(619) 644-7961 Fax
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District and Grossmont College does not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including sexual harassment),
handicap (including physical and mental disability, medical condition, age, status
as a Vietnam-era veteran, marital status, or economic status in any of their policies,
procedures, or practices. This nondiscrimination policy covers admission and access
to, as well as treatment and employment in, the College's programs and activities,
including vocational education.