How to Apply
We are currently accepting applications year-round!
***Due to current campus access restrictions, we are only accepting applications for
the Ortho Tech Program electronically (via email) for the time being. Therefore, please
submit your completed application along with any supporting documentation/requirements listed below to
Health Professions Specialist, Denise Gilbert, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you plan on submitting official transcripts with your application, please reach
out to Denise prior to submitting your application packet for further instruction.
REQUIREMENTS/ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY TO ORTHO TECH PROGRAM:
- PREREQUISITE COURSE:
- Complete the required prerequisite of Human Anatomy (BIO 140) or Anatomy & Physiology
I (BIO 144) OR equivalent if taken at another college.
- The course must include a lab and be completed with a letter grade "C" or higher.
If you are unsure if a course you took at another college will be accepted as an equivalent,
please contact our office with the course description for evaluation.
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, GED, OR HIGHER DEGREE:
- Include a copy of your high school diploma, GED, or higher degree (Associates, Bachelors,
etc). Minimal requirement to apply is a high school diploma or GED.
- Download, review, and complete the Grossmont College Health Professions Immunization Requirements Form - use this form for all required Hospital/Healthcare Agency immunizations and/or
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) - 2 vaccinations and/or positive test for immunity.
- Hepatitis B (Hep B) - 3 vaccinations AND a positive quantitative test for immunity. *The Hepatitis B series, if taken on schedule,
will take approximately 7 months to complete with immunity testing. Please plan accordingly.
Please make a copy of the blood test results to include with your application packet.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Accellular Pertussis (Tdap)- 1 vaccine given within the past
- Varicella (Chickenpox)- 2 vaccinations and/or positive test for immunity.
YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A completed application packet Checklist AND a completed Orthopedic Technology application
- A sealed, official transcript for the required prerequisite listed above;
(If the course was taken at Grossmont or Cuyamaca College you do not need to include
official transcripts as the Orthopedic Technology Program office will obtain the transcript
- A copy of your high school diploma, equivalent, or higher degree; and
- A completed Immunization Requirements Form & a copy of any supporting documentation.
- Please email your completed application packet to email@example.com. Please reach out to our office with any questions.
Grossmont College Orthopedic Technology Program
Building 34, Room 256
8800 Grossmont College Drive
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619) 644-7448 Office
(619) 644-7961 Fax
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District and Grossmont College does not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including sexual harassment),
handicap (including physical and mental disability, medical condition, age, status
as a Vietnam-era veteran, marital status, or economic status in any of their policies,
procedures, or practices. This nondiscrimination policy covers admission and access
to, as well as treatment and employment in, the College's programs and activities,
including vocational education.