The Earth Sciences Department currently offers the following courses:
- Global Issues: GEOG 101
- Intro to Geographic Information Science (GIS): GEOG 104
- World Regional Geography: GEOG 106
- Physical Geography: GEOG 120
- Physical Geography Lab: GEOG 121
- Human & Cultural Geography: GEOG 130
- Introduction to Meteorology: GEOG 140
- Field Study Natural History San Diego: GEOG/GEOL/OCEA/BIO 150
- Geography of California: GEOG 170
- Planet Earth: GEOL 110
- Planet Earth Lab: GEOL 111
- Earth History: GEOL 121
- Introduction to Oceanography: OCEA 112
- Introduction to Oceanography Lab: OCEA 113
Check the Class Schedule for Special Courses
|Earth Science Field Studies Several courses in special field studies. Explore areas in within and outside of southern
California on overnight camping trips. For current courses, see your class schedule
or contact Mark Goodman for more information.
Geology 220 Online
Geology of National Parks is offered online at Grossmont College. This is a rigorous
exploration of the geologic processes that have shaped what is perhaps our nation's
greatest resource. Visit the GEOL 220 website and see if this course meets your Earth
Science needs or contact Gary Jacobson for details.
Natural History of San Diego Explore the plants, rocks, and landforms around San Diego. Visit the Laguna Mountains,
Anza Borrego Desert, the Salton Sea and more while earning transferable college credits.
Intro to Geographic Information Science (GIS)
This is a hybrid course offered at Grossmont that requires both in-class and online
activities. For more information on the course contact Judd Curran.
Open Lab Hours