FYE is offering a learning community for fall 2023! This means you take a pair of
classes with other FYE students and the instructors work together for better learning.
Meet with an FYE Counselor to see if this learning community is right for you!:
FYE Learning Community Classes
- Counseling 120-6077: College and Career Success
- T/TH 9:30am-10:50am (with Ramirez)
- English 120-4817: Composition and Reading
- T/TH 11am-12:40pm (with Cervantes)
- (All courses transfer to CSU/UC)
Why be a part of this learning community?
- You will make powerful connections across classes
- You will join a close community of peers
- Professors and other staff work closely together to support you
- Studies show that learning communities increase student success including higher GPAs
and completing educational goals
How to Join
To join our Learning Community, follow these steps:
- Apply for our FYE program for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Once accepted, we highly recommend you meet with an FYE Counselor to determine if this learning community is best for you and your educational journey.
- Apply for the learning community. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.
- Upon reviewing your application we will inform you of your acceptance (or denial if
space is at capacity). If accepted, you will be notified and granted permission to enroll in the classes.
- Add the classes on your own by registering through Self-Service.
You can learn more about our program and apply through our Getting Started page.