First Year Experience
First Year Experience (FYE)
Apply here today!
Fall 2024-Spring 2025
First Year Experience (FYE) is a student support program at Grossmont College designed
to help guide students during their first year of college by providing ongoing social
and academic support. Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year will open late
fall or early spring. For inquiries, please email us at: grossmont.FYE@gcccd.edu
The Mission of FYE is to create and sustain an inclusive learning community to equitably
increase student enrollment, retention, persistence and completion through social
integration and academic and student support services. We strive to impact diverse
- Priority Registration
- Griffin Experience (Welcome Session)
- Peer Mentoring
- FYE Counselors
- Learning Communities
- Career & Personal Counseling
- Success Workshops
- And More!
- Attend Griffin Experience Summer Welcome Event
- Meet with a Peer Mentor to develop a Personalized Engagement Plan (PEP)
Who is eligible?
- All First Time to College Students
- Students who Submit the FAFSA or Dream Act Application (some exceptions may apply)
We are now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year.
For 2023-2024, please apply if you are:
- First time to college student fall 2023 (If taking dual enrollment courses while in
high school, you are still eligible and encouraged to apply!)
- Must apply by April 5, 2023 in order to get priority registration for fall 2023 (registration
begins May 1, 2023 this year)
- Apply for the 2023-2024 academic year HERE
Apply for Grossmont College: How To Apply
Questions? Contact us