The CalWORKs program provides intensive instruction, counseling and support services
such as internships, job search, employment preparation opportunities, and childcare
assistance. Work experience/work-study opportunities for students currently receiving
TANF/CASH AID benefits are also offered. CalWORKs assists students in preparing for immediate and successful employment.
Our staff provides services in the following languages: Arabic, English, Farsi, French, Italian, Kurdish, Italian, Kurdish, Spanish and Swahili.
Textbook costs covered
- Transportation costs covered
- Health fee waiver
- Childcare costs covered
- Campus & community resources
(Basic needs - food, housing, mental health, etc.)
- Academic, career and personal counseling
- Advocacy on and off campus
- Assistance with FAFSA application
Eligibility requirements include an applicant's citizenship, age, income, resources,
assets and other factors.
- The student parent must be receiving CASHAID or meet certain financial guidelines
- Be interested in obtaining an education and enrolling in Grossmont College