Student Success and Equity Committee
The primary purpose of the Success and Equity Committee is to support and lead innovative
campus initiatives that strengthen student access and success in an environment that
fosters equity, diversity, and inclusion. The Committee makes recommendations to the
College Council regarding student success and equity initiatives, programs and plans.
Through the integrated efforts of academic and student services, the Student Success
and Equity Committee engages in data analysis and dialog to provide a platform for
collaboration and communication which focus on equity-minded student success, a culture
of inclusivity, global consciousness, and a respect for diversity across all student
success and equity efforts and throughout the College.
The Student Success and Equity Committee also serves in a coordinating and advisory
role with administrators who implement the work of approved plans.
- Develop a shared vision for the College’s student access, success and equity efforts.
- In conjunction with the Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee, use student
access, success, and equity data and research to support the continuous improvement
of programs and services of the college as a whole.
- Advise in the development and collaboration of the various college plans, grants,
and initiatives that address student access, success, and equity efforts.
- Increase college-wide awareness of student access, success and equity efforts.
- Provide a venue to dialog and integrate student access success and equity efforts
- To help enhance the College's ability to be student-ready, identify disproportionately
impacted and vulnerable student populations, and inform and support professional development
and cultural competency preparation.
- Consult and coordinate with the Academic Senate to ensure appropriate engagement when
dealing with Academic and Professional matters (the 10+1).
- Continually compile evidence related to accreditation Standard III.B. and Standard
III.C., as well as other relevant accreditation requirements, and monitor college’s
ongoing compliance with these requirements.
- Make recommendations to the College Council.