The Staffing Committee is responsible for drafting Grossmont College’s multi-year Staffing Plan based on Educational Master Plan and Strategic Plan goals, and for monitoring the implementation of Staffing Plan to promote employment equity and diversity consistent with the college’s mission, vision and values. The Grossmont College Staffing Committee is responsible for prioritization of faculty and classified staffing requests from annual unit plans.
- Establish Grossmont College Staffing goals based on strategic goals, accreditation recommendations, Faculty Obligation Number (FON), Educational Master Plan, staff equity and diversity goals, retirements, resignations, and enrollment projections.
- Create a long-term staffing plan and evaluate the college’s progress made towards achieving the goals of the staffing plan.
- Collaborate with faculty and classified staffing committees to review and revise rubrics for use in prioritization of staffing requests from annual unit plans.
- Receive the staffing prioritization lists from the ranking committees and discuss them for purposes of understanding.
- Collect available relevant information (such as Faculty Obligation Number [FON], tentative budget) to include for presentation at College Council.
- Annually evaluate the staffing prioritization rubrics and their application period.
- Request and evaluate EEO data from the District to better inform the staffing plan.
- Continually compile evidence related to accreditation Standard III.A., as well as other relevant accreditation requirements, and monitor the college’s ongoing compliance with these requirements.
- Make recommendations to the College Council.