The Staffing Committee is responsible for drafting Grossmont College’s multi-year
Staffing Plan based on Educational Master Plan and Strategic Plan goals, and for monitoring
the implementation of Staffing Plan to promote employment equity and diversity consistent
with the college’s mission, vision and values. The Grossmont College Staffing Committee
is responsible for prioritization of faculty and classified staffing requests from
annual unit plans.
- Establish Grossmont College Staffing goals based on strategic goals, accreditation
recommendations, Faculty Obligation Number (FON), Educational Master Plan, staff equity
and diversity goals, retirements, resignations, and enrollment projections.
- Create a long-term staffing plan and evaluate the college’s progress made towards
achieving the goals of the staffing plan.
- Collaborate with faculty and classified staffing committees to review and revise rubrics
for use in prioritization of staffing requests from annual unit plans.
- Receive the staffing prioritization lists from the ranking committees and discuss
them for purposes of understanding.
- Collect available relevant information (such as Faculty Obligation Number [FON], tentative
budget) to include for presentation at College Council.
- Annually evaluate the staffing prioritization rubrics and their application period.
- Request and evaluate EEO data from the District to better inform the staffing plan.
- Continually compile evidence related to accreditation Standard III.A., as well as
other relevant accreditation requirements, and monitor the college’s ongoing compliance
with these requirements.
- Make recommendations to the College Council.