Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee carries out planning and evaluation of professional development programming which enhances the college’s readiness to achieve its strategic goals and mission. It also supports the institution’s continuous improvement and its diverse personnel. The committee identifies emerging trends from annual unit plans and program review to inform professional development.
- Establish professional development goals and activities to ensure employees are prepared to meet the needs of the diverse student and employee population.
- Cultivates an environment that values innovation and promotes collaboration in the service of student success.
- Foster a campus climate that improves employee satisfaction, retention, and success.
- Develops a comprehensive annual plan of activities based on college strategic goals, accreditation recommendations, evaluations, feedback, and surveys.
- Coordinate professional development programming for classified, faculty and administrators to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the pursuit of college strategic goals.
- Review professional development requests.
- Work closely with the other college committees, district professional development, and the Human Resources Advisory Council (HRAC) and Faculty Professional Development Committee to create opportunities for collegewide alignment efforts.
- Continually compile evidence related to accreditation Standard III.A., as well as other relevant accreditation requirements, and monitor the college’s ongoing compliance with these requirements.
- Make recommendations to the College Council