Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee (PIEC)
The goal of the Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee is to ensure a culture of continuous quality improvement and data-informed decision-making. Best practices for institutional effectiveness include improving equity and student learning and achievement by analyzing data and using results to inform practice. It uses environmental scan data as well as institutional outcomes to drive institutional responses. The committee reviews program assessment results against the college’s mission, values, and strategic goals. The committee is also responsible for assuring the continuous integration of planning across the campus, regularly evaluating the college's progress to ensure institutional effectiveness.
- Regularly review the progress of the 10-year educational master plan and six-year strategic plan to ensure that current efforts are in alignment with these plans, and regularly evaluate progress on achieving goals laid out in these plans.
- Initiate and review the process for the periodic review of the mission, vision, and values.
- In conjunction with the Student Success and Equity Committee, use student access, success, and equity data and research to support the continuous improvement of programs and services of the college as a whole.
- Support program review processes and facilitate data-informed conversations about department and institutional performance to drive long-term college planning.
- Regularly review effectiveness of current integrated planning and assessment processes (program reviews processes, annual unit updates procedures, and outcomes assessment planning and reporting) and provide feedback for improvements as necessary.
- Evaluate institution-set standards and student achievement goals, including both internal and CCCCO-produced key performance indicator metrics, and other student success outcome measures.
- Analyze data for and support the development of college plans and planning activities.
- Assist the College Council in development of evaluation plans for major initiatives/projects.
- Champion data-based decision making.
- Continually compile evidence related to accreditation Standard I.A., I.B, and I.C. as well as other relevant accreditation requirements, and monitor the college’s ongoing compliance with these requirements.
- Make recommendations to the College Council.