The Budget Committee encourages transparency and constituency understanding of the
budget, works to ensure that the budget allocation process is driven by college-wide
planning and strategic priorities, and provides recommendations to the College Council
on issues related to budget development and management.
In addition, the Budget Committee provides ongoing oversight in relation to budget
changes and information at the State and District levels.
- Receive information regarding ongoing state and District fiscal activities and review
and discuss information on the state and District budgets as they apply to the College
- Become educated about how the College’s revenue and expenditure budgets are developed
to provide a context in which to effectively carry out the responsibilities of the
- Develop, interpret, recommend and communicate assumptions, priorities, guidelines
and procedures related to budget processes and resource allocation integrating recommendations
from the educational, technology and facilities master plans.
- Provide ongoing education for the college community on budget development and implementation.
- Disseminate information to administrative, faculty, classified and student constituencies
regarding the College’s financial resources and expenditures and bring feedback through
- Review ongoing, discretionary, department budget requests submitted through the Annual
Unit Plans (Annual Unit Plans are influenced by Program Review, but the AUP contains
annual operational needs as well as six-year strategic recommendations) based on College
priorities and submit recommendations to College Council.
- Continually compile evidence related to accreditation Standard III.D, as well as other
relevant accreditation requirements, and monitor the college’s ongoing compliance
with these requirements.
- Ensure ongoing attention to equitable educational outcomes and that needs of underrepresented
populations and students with special needs are considered and addressed in the budget
- Make recommendations to the College Council.