Interested in RT
Please join us for a Program Preview. Dates to be determined.
Please contact the RT Office for more information:
Grossmont College Philosophy
To be a responsive leader in developing effective and efficient quality educational programs, classes and services to meet the needs of students for transfer to baccalaureate institutions, job entry and job re-entry skills, and for lifelong and cultural enrichment necessary to a productive and socially responsible life.
Respiratory Therapy Program Philosophy
The Respiratory Therapy Program of Grossmont College shall facilitate student growth in the allied health specialty of respiratory care. Major emphasis will be directed towards helping each student develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to becoming a competent, well-rounded health care team member. The student shall demonstrate appropriate growth by:
- Displaying skills in gathering and recording clinical information.
- Competently defining the patient's problem(s).
- Judging appropriate Respiratory Therapy intervention.
- Displaying judgment and skill in implementing therapy.
- Acquiring effective and appropriate attitudes towards his/her role as a Respiratory Therapist.
- Accepting responsibility for the growth of Respiratory Therapy as a profession.