History 114: History of the Early Americas
History 114 satisfies Grossmont, CSU and UC General Education Requirement; also fulfills
the American Institutions Requirement.
Just a few of the topics the course covers:
- Native Peoples of the Americas: the Toltec, Aztec, Inca, Maya, Iroquois, Guaraní…
- How could Guns, Germs and Steel decimate two continents?
- 1492, the Conquest and Colonization of the Americas
- The African Slave Trade and the African contribution to the formation of the Americas.
- Music, art, dance and the formation of new societies in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Independence Movements and the Formation of New Countries and Governments in the Americas
Offered every semester M,W mornings, online, as well as Summers
Study Guides- Current study guides are housed in Blackboard
Get Free Adobe Reader
American Historical Association