Work Study and Employment

Grossmont College Supervisors & Faculty

Grossmont College Financial Aid will be awarding student Work-Study for the academic year of 2023-2024. If you need help in your department or in the classroom, you can request Work-Study position. Please complete the form below and email it to Jenna Marogi on or before August 26, 2024 to avoid any delays. 



Grossmont Work-Study Students

All Grossmont college students who have been awarded Federal Work-Study for the academic year of 2023-2024 and have attending the Federal Work Study Workshop, please continue the process of finding a position on campus or start the onboarding process after the hire approval. Contact the Work-Study coordinator, Jenna Marogi in regards to any questions. 


Federal Work Study (FWS)

The Work Study programs give students the opportunity to earn part or all of their financial need by working on campus or off campus in community service positions while they are in school. Examples of the jobs available are: teacher's aide, clerk, grounds person, custodian, and lab assistant. Your wage will be determined by the type and difficulty of the work that you choose.

This type of part-time work can add to your educational experience and can be a valuable asset when seeking employment after graduation.

The Work Study award reflects the amount of money that you are eligible to earn as wages. Your placement on a job depends upon your skills, the availability of jobs and the hours that you are available to work.

Students with Work Study eligibility must call the Financial Aid Office (619) 644-7129 for a job referral appointment. Students eligible to participate in the Work Study Program will be referred to a job and, if hired, complete the necessary payroll paperwork. Time sheets are turned in on the 10th of each month and paychecks are disbursed on the last business day of each month.   


Student Job Placement

The Student Placement Center helps students find part-time employment in the community. All students enrolled at the college are eligible for Student Placement Center services and you may contact them at (619) 644-7611.