Transferability of Financial Aid


If you transfer from one school to another, your financial aid does not automatically go with you. To receive financial aid at your new school, check with that school's Financial Aid Office to find out what steps you must take to receive financial aid. In most cases, you will have to add the new school to your Student Aid Report (if you have already filed a FAFSA). To add a school to your Student Aid Report (SAR) you can make the necessary change on-line at or, to request a duplicate copy of your SAR, you can call (800) 433-3243.


Pell Unusual Enrollment History (UEH)

The U.S. Department of Education has established regulations to prevent fraud and abuse in the Federal Pell Grant Program by identifying students with "unusual enrollment histories." The Department of Education selects students who have received a Federal Pell Grant and/or Federal Loans at multiple institutions during the previous four academic years. Some students who have an unusual enrollment history (UEH) have legitimate reasons for their enrollment at multiple institutions. However, such conditions require a review before a student's application for financial aid may be considered.


Once a student has been selected, Grossmont College Financial Aid Office must review your enrollment history, the reason(s) why you have not completed units while receiving federal aid and to determine if you have continuing eligibility for federal student aid here at Grossmont College. Your academic transcripts and your aid history, as reported to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and Common Origination and Disbursement (COD), will be reviewed as part of this appeal process.