The Technology Committee identifies, prioritizes and advocates for the College’s technology
needs and services. It makes recommendations to the College Council for the strategic
direction and implementation of technology priorities. These recommendations address
technology policies and procedures, prioritization of technology requests from annual
unit plans, infrastructure requirements for existing programs, and projected needs
of the college for the future. The committee will ensure that its recommendations
are consistent with the objectives established in the Technology Plan, Strategic Plan,
Educational Master Plan and other supporting plans (Human Resources, Facilities, etc.).
In addition, the Technology Committee maintains currency in relation to technology
changes and information from industry, the District and the State Chancellor’s Office.
- Make recommendations for the strategic direction and implementation of technology
resources used throughout the college to support student learning programs and services,
operations, and improve institutional effectiveness.
- Consider total cost of ownership, including renewal costs and maintenance, of college
- Develop/update the College Technology Master Plan as needed with specific objectives
for action and improvement, and recommend and communicate related policies, guidelines,
- Prioritize technology requests from the annual unit plans (annual updates to the program
- Monitor the progress toward the implementation of the College’s Technology Master
- Ensure ongoing attention to equitable educational access and outcomes, and removal
of barriers for historically under-served populations and students with disabilities
in technology planning and the technology prioritization process.
- Ensure that the infrastructure and design of all College buildings support the future
use of technology.
- Work with the Professional Development Committee to recommend relevant technology
training for college employees.
- Assess and recommend technology training provided through professional development,
computer support and self-guided training systems to ensure that the technology training
meets the needs of faculty and staff.
- Continually compile evidence related to accreditation Standard III.C, as well as other
relevant accreditation requirements, and monitor the college’s ongoing compliance
with these requirements.
- Make recommendations to the College Council.