The Technology Committee identifies, prioritizes and advocates for the College’s technology needs and services. It makes recommendations to the College Council for the strategic direction and implementation of technology priorities. These recommendations address technology policies and procedures, prioritization of technology requests from annual unit plans, infrastructure requirements for existing programs, and projected needs of the college for the future. The committee will ensure that its recommendations are consistent with the objectives established in the Technology Plan, Strategic Plan, Educational Master Plan and other supporting plans (Human Resources, Facilities, etc.).
In addition, the Technology Committee maintains currency in relation to technology changes and information from industry, the District and the State Chancellor’s Office.
- Make recommendations for the strategic direction and implementation of technology resources used throughout the college to support student learning programs and services, operations, and improve institutional effectiveness.
- Consider total cost of ownership, including renewal costs and maintenance, of college technology recommendations.
- Develop/update the College Technology Master Plan as needed with specific objectives for action and improvement, and recommend and communicate related policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Prioritize technology requests from the annual unit plans (annual updates to the program review).
- Monitor the progress toward the implementation of the College’s Technology Master Plan.
- Ensure ongoing attention to equitable educational access and outcomes, and removal of barriers for historically under-served populations and students with disabilities in technology planning and the technology prioritization process.
- Ensure that the infrastructure and design of all College buildings support the future use of technology.
- Work with the Professional Development Committee to recommend relevant technology training for college employees.
- Assess and recommend technology training provided through professional development, computer support and self-guided training systems to ensure that the technology training meets the needs of faculty and staff.
- Continually compile evidence related to accreditation Standard III.C, as well as other relevant accreditation requirements, and monitor the college’s ongoing compliance with these requirements.
- Make recommendations to the College Council.