Online Teaching and Learning Committee
The Online Teaching and Learning Committee serves as a consultative body on matters
of student success, academic policy, course and program development, course and instructor
evaluation, as well as instructor training as they pertain to online education. It
makes recommendations to the Academic Senate. Recognizing and appreciating the diverse
collection of identities, experiences, perspectives, and abilities of the students,
faculty, staff, and community partners with whom we collaborate, the Online Teaching
and Learning Committee commits itself to enriching academic experiences through the
advancement of inclusion, diversity, equity, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive practices.
- Maintain currency in both legal mandates and best practices for online teaching and
- Collaborate with and serve as a resource for the Faculty Professional Development
Committee and the college-wide Professional Development Coordinators in order to assist
in assessing and projecting professional development needs and offerings.
- Consult with appropriate college staff and administration on the content and structures
for student support in online instruction.
- Serve as primary body for the review of potential new technologies related to online
teaching and learning.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with local, regional, state, and national institutions/organinizations
regarding online teaching and learning.
- Coordinate with and serve as a resource for the Curriculum Committee on policies and
procedures related to online teaching and learning.
- Coordinate and serve as a resource for the Academic Program Review Committee on matters
related to online teaching and learning.
- Continually work to help ensure that online teaching a learning materials meet and
(where possible) exceed standards of accessibility.