COURSE DESCRIPTION & LEARNING OUTCOMES
This course analyzes the structure and functioning of the aggregate economy with particular
emphasis on the U.S.
After completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify the many consequences of scarcity and explain how changes in opportunity
costs affect behavior.
- Understand, calculate, and analyze macroeconomic indicators including employment,
real GDP, interest rates, and the price level.
- Understand economic growth and the business cycle.
- Identify various causes of macroeconomic instability and evaluate different interventionist
and non-interventionist perspectives.
- Identify and describe the major institutions and instruments through which macroeconomic
policies are implemented.