The Hyde Art Gallery invites all Grossmont College faculty, staff, and administrators to participate in sharing their artwork created during an ongoing health crisis against the background of socio-political upheaval.
The fall semester represents a beginning of the gradual return to in-person operations at Grossmont College after more than 18-months of a pandemic that has claimed the lives of millions worldwide. During the past year and a half, we’ve all been subjected to feelings of isolation and cynicism; art and design often provided that crucial alternative outlet for expressing and detailing our unique experiences.
This will be the first in-person exhibition at the Hyde Art Gallery at Grossmont College’s new Performing and Visual Arts Center. Due to the ever-evolving nature of the pandemic, all scheduled in-person events are subject to change.
- Entry deadline: Friday, July 30, at 6 p.m.
- Artwork delivery: August 9 – 11, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Exhibition dates: from August 26 through September 10
- All current Grossmont College faculty, staff, and administration personnel are eligible
- Any artwork submitted must have been completed after March, 2020
- Each participant is allowed up to three submissions of any medium or subject – de-pending on size and complexity of the artwork and gallery constraints
- Exhibit entrants will be contacted following the entry deadline with additional instructions
- All artwork must be framed, if necessary, and ready for installation after delivery
- Thirty percent of any sale will be gifted to the Hyde Art Gallery’s GCCCD Foundation account
- The Hyde Art Gallery reserves the right to reject any submission
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
- Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A high-resolution image of each piece to be considered
- If you are submitting a video, pleas provide a URL link
- A corresponding image list containing the artist’s name, title, medium, dimensions, and price (if for sale)
- An artistic statement
- Your job title and years of service at Grossmont College.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com