Skip to contentSkip to Main Site NavigationSkip to Site Left NavigationSkip to Site Utility NavigationSkip to Site SearchSkip to FooterDownload Adobe Reader
International Students

Travel Tips for New Students Entering the U.S.A.

Hand carry (do not check) the following documents:

1. Your passport

2. If you are a new student coming in to the U.S.A. for the first time, remember to carry with you the sealed envelope given to you by the U.S. Department of State's Consular Officer" attached to your passport. It is important that you do not open this envelope.

3. Your SEVIS Form I-20

4. Copy of proof of financial resources

5. Grossmont College acceptance letter

6. Paper receipt for the SEVIS I-901 fee

7. Your money and other valuables

Last Updated: 01/06/2017
  • Grossmont
  • Cuyamaca
A Member of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District