Skip to contentSkip to Main Site NavigationSkip to Site Left NavigationSkip to Site Utility NavigationSkip to Site SearchSkip to FooterDownload Adobe Reader
International Students


Application Dates

Fall Semester:
February 1 to June 1 for applicants who are living in their home country
February 1 to June 15 for students transferring from institutions in the U.S.A.

Spring Semester:
September 1 to October 15 for applicants who are living in their home country
September 1 to January 5 for students transferring from institutions in the U.S.A.
*Application deadline for Spring 2018 semester is extended until January 5, 2018!

International Student Online Application

Important Dates:

Spring 2018 Semester Start Date: January 29, 2018
Initial students may enter the U.S.A. after December 10, 2017
Spring 2018 Semester End Date: June 5, 2018
Please check your WebAdvisor for your registration date starting in November 2017

Contact Information:

Mika Miller (619) 644-7182
Yumiko Hudson (619) 644-7175
Fax: 619-644-7083


Requirements for Admission

The online application AND all documents are required by the deadline.  If you are applying from your home country, you should submit the six documents below for admission.  Transfer students should submit all eight documents.  After all documents are received, a SEVIS I-20 will be issued.  There is no fee to apply to Grossmont College. 

  1. Online Application
  2. English Proficiency
  3. High School / College Transcript
  4. Sponsor Form
  5. Financial Statement
  6. Copy of Passport ID page
  7. Copy of F-1 Visa, I-94, and I-20 (Transfer Students Only)
  8. Transfer Form (Transfer Students Only)
  9. Note:  All students must attend a two-day orientation.  Failure to attend IN FULL  a two-day orientation program will result in a cancellation of your admission and I-20.



Program I: November 28 and 29, 2017 - for transfer students only
Program II: January 9 and 10, 2018 - for transfer and home country students

Online Application

Complete the Online International Student Application for Admission - 

  • Create an account as a new user and remember your “user name” and “password.”
  • If you do not have a Social Security Number, click on “no number.”
  • If you are living in your home country, be sure to click “Foreign address” before inputting your address. 

You must complete the area labeled 'Major Code' with the area of study you would most like to study. The major needs to be one of the listed Grossmont College majors Later, if you wish, you may change your major.  If you leave this space blank, we will automatically enter a "General Studies" major.

English Proficiency

Students must demonstrate English proficiency through one of the following:

  1. Official TOEFL score – ETS must send an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score directly to Grossmont College.  Our ETS college code is 4334.  The minimum score is 450 (paper-based) or 45 (internet-based). 

    There is an on-campus TOEFL program available through American Collegiate English (ACE)  for those who do not have a score of 450/45.
  2. Grossmont College offers an Institutional ESL Assessment. The minimum placement score is ESL 103 for admission purposes. The ESL placement score is good for 1 year and ESL assessment test can be taken once per application period. For more information, test dates, and to register, please click here: Institutional ESL Assessment Registration Form. Please register early to save your space. Results will available within 5 business days. This is a free ESL assessment, there are no fees associated with this assessment.

  3. Official IELTS score - Submit official IELTS to Grossmont College.  The minimum score is 4.5 on the academic module.  Go to for more information.

  4. Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) minimum score of 39. For more information, please go to

  5. Students whose native language is Japanese ONLY may submit EIKEN test results with a minimum score grade of "2A”. Please contact for more information.
  6. Students whose primary language is English do not need to submit TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson PTE Academic reports.
  7. Students who are attending the following language schools and have completed the coursework below may submit certificates from the schools:

Language School


American Collegiate English (ACE) at Grossmont

Recommendation from the program

American Language Institute (ALI) at SDSU

Level EAP 105

Converse International School of Languages

Level 6 (High Intermediate)

ELS Language Centers

Level 109

Embassy English

Level 5 (upper intermediate)

English Language Institute (ELI) at UCSD Extension 

Level 107

Language Studies International (LSI)

Level 4

Q International School

Mid-Advance or High Advanced level with 3.0 GPA and above

Stafford House International

Level 9


High School / College Transcript

Submit official diploma or certificate from High School/secondary school and/or transcripts from any college/universities you have attended. The documents do not need to be translated.

Sponsor Form

Submit Sponsor Certification form, signed by your sponsor.  This form indicates that the person who signs the form is willing and financially able to support you as an International Student for the duration of your studies at Grossmont College.

Financial Statement

Submit proof of financial support demonstrating that you or your sponsor can meet the minimum estimated tuition and living expenses. It is estimated that you will need a minimum of $26,000 per year. This proof must be your sponsor's bank statement or letter (original document) from their financial institution with the required amount $26,000 in U.S. dollars.  This letter must be written in English and have a U.S. dollar amount on it. (Fees are subject to change.)

Copy of Passport ID page

Submit a copy of the photo ID and expiration date page(s) of your valid passport. 

Copy of F-1 Visa, I-94, and current I-20

FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS ONLY: Submit a copy of your F-1 visa and I-94 print-out (You may retrieve your number at and the I-20 from your current or most recent school.

Transfer Form

FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS ONLY:  Submit International Student Transfer Form if you are attending another U.S. institution.  This form needs to be filled out by your CURRENT school's International Student DSO, Advisor, or Specialist and must show your last date of attendance. 
We will not be able to issue an I-20 without this form.


After Your Acceptance to Grossmont College

MANDATORY ORIENTATION: All students are required to attend a two-day orientation program.  Students should attend the earliest possible orientation for better class selection. Failure to attend orientation will result in cancellation of your admission to Grossmont College. An Orientation Reservation Form will be mailed upon acceptance to Grossmont College.

ARRIVAL IN THE U.S.: Once a student has been accepted and has obtained an F-1 visa, the student may enter the U.S. up to 30 days prior to the program start date on the I-20.  It is advised that the student arrive 4-5 weeks before the first day of semester classes in order to attend the orientation program and locate housing. It is your responsibility to make flight arrangements which will enable you to attend orientation.

Please click New Student Information to learn more about arriving in the U.S.A., travel tips, housing, health insurance, and other important topics.

Last Updated: 12/04/2017
  • Grossmont
  • Cuyamaca
A Member of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District