Skip to contentSkip to Main Site NavigationSkip to Site Left NavigationSkip to Site Utility NavigationSkip to Site SearchSkip to FooterDownload Adobe Reader
intl club booth
American Collegiate English

How to Apply to ACE

Applying from Your Own Country

  1. For students applying from home, applications must be completed at least one month prior to the start of the session. Applying early is recommended. Attending the orientation is required.
  2. Send the following to the ACE Program:
    1. Application Form
    2. Nonrefundable $125 Application Fee
    3. Evidence of Financial Support*
    4. Copy of Passport
    5. Copy of High School Transcripts or Diploma
  3. After we receive all of the above, we will send you an I-20.**
  4. Contact the American Embassy/Consulate to apply for an F-1 student visa. For more information, click Steps to Get Your F-1 Visa.
  5. Arrange arrival transportation and home stay or other housing.

Transferring from Another School in the U.S.

  1. Bring or send the following to the ACE Program:

  • Application Form
  • Nonrefundable $125 Application Fee
  • Evidence of Financial Support*
  • Copy of Passport (including VISA page)
  • Copy of I-94 document
  • Copy of current valid I-20
  • Copy of High School Transcripts or Diploma
  • Transfer Form (our form filled out by your current English school)

  2. After we receive all of the above, you will receive an I-20.**

  3. Attending the orientation is mandatory.

*The U.S. Government requires us to have on file a financial statement verifying availability of sufficient funds (minimum $12,050) for a student's tuition and living expenses. This evidence may be in the form of a bank statement or a bank letter. The account must be a cash-type account (savings, checking, or certificate of deposit). The document should be current within six months of the ACE application.

** An I-20 is a document which allows a foreign national to apply for a student visa (F-1) to enter the United States and begin a course of study.

Campus PhotoEmail or Send Application and Papers to

American Collegiate English
Grossmont College
8800 Grossmont College Dr.
El Cajon, CA 92020-1799

ACE Office
Sandy Kuntz, International Student Specialist
Telephone: 1-619-644-7293
Fax: 1-619-644-7934

ACE Academic Coordinator
Barbara Loveless
Telephone: (619) 644-7563


American Collegiate English and Grossmont College have relationships with international student recruitment agencies that are authorized to help students consider ACE as one of their intensive English training options. A few of these agencies are compensated by ACE for an appropriate student referral who enrolls in ACE. A student’s application is not granted preferential treatment if the student is assisted by an agency. Students are neither required to apply with the assistance of an agency, nor will they be disadvantaged if they do not. Admissions decisions are at the sole discretion of the institution.

Last Updated: 09/26/2019


American Collegiate English
Building 38E-101A, parking lot #4
Phone: 1.619.644.7293

  • Grossmont
  • Cuyamaca
A Member of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District