Distribution Days for Spring 2021
UPDATED 02/18/2021: Our five events were a success!
The last day of distribution was:
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
12 noon to 5:30 p.m.
The Parking Structure
Students that requested items by the Feburary 16th deadline should have received email
confirmations and pickup instructions. Note, not all requests were filled as we loaned
out all of our Chromebooks, Headphones and Laptops before the deadline.
No future distribution dates have been approved at this time.
The Library and campus are still closed to the public until further notice.
Any questions? We are here to help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look here for more Spring 2021 distribution information happening on campus.
includes making your Reserves accessible for Spring 2021, scanning chapters from Reserves
materials, enabling Leganto in your Canvas courses, and updating/rolling over Reserves
materials for future use.
During the COVID-19 Closure
- The Grossmont College Library building will remain closed until further notice.
- Library Staff are working remotely and are available virtually to assist during business
- In accordance with GCCCD guidelines, anyone on campus must:
- Get a temperature check at one of the check stations.
- Wear a mask.
- Maintain social distancing of six (6) feet.
- Wash hands often.
- Any library materials returned during the closure are:
- Handled with masks and gloves.
- Go through a 48-72 hour quarantine period as suggested by the library standards of
the OCLC Realm Project.
- Wiped down with antibacterial cleaning wipes if possible.
- Checked in and shelved as soon as the quarantine and cleaning process is complete.
Borrowing/Using Library Resources
Here are the limited services being offered now:
Expand All | Collapse All
- Faculty and Staff can fill out the Interlibrary Loan Request Form to request articles. Registered Intersession student can begin making requests starting
Monday, January 4, 2021 and registered Spring Semester students can begin making requests
on Monday, February 1, 2021.
- Requests for physical materials are currently suspended.
- Questions? Go to Interlibrary Loan.
Accessing Reserves through Leganto
- Instructors and students can now access Library Reserves easily through Canvas.
- Log-in to Canvas and go to your course
- Look for the hyperlink Resource List in the left-hand menu of your course
- Please note not all instructors place course materials on Reserves
FOR INSTRUCTORS: Digitized Reserves
Due to the Chancellors stay-at-home order given on December 6, 2020, this service
is now limited. Library Staff will only be available to fill requests on select days
during the weeks of December 14-18, 2020 and January 25 to February 5, 2021.
- Currently the physical Reserves Collection is not available. Copyright law allows the
Library to scan a chapter of your book and make it available through Canvas. This service is available at the
beginning of the semester and on a limited basis afterwards.
- Please email email@example.com to make your request and provide information.
- Digital reserves materials should be added to your Canvas courses using the Leganto
Resource List. This will assure the appropriate students have access under the Copyright
Fair Use guidelines. Need to add Leganto to your Canvas courses? Check out the "Accessing Reserves through Leganto" section above.
- More questions? Go to Reserves.
Expand All | Collapse All
Proposed Reopening - Phase 1
- Moving to this phase is contingent upon GCCCD and State guidelines and best practices.
- Library Staff will return to campus for limited hours, but the library building will
remain closed to the public.
- In this phase, Requests, Curbside Pickups and Returns would resume on a limited basis
throughout the semester. Scheduled transactions will be handled at Parking Lot 1,
with patrons remaining in their cars throughout the transaction.
- ILL requests for physical materials will recommence.
Proposed Reopening - Phase 2
- Moving to this phase is contingent upon GCCCD and State guidelines to be lifted.
- The library building will open to Grossmont College students, faculty, staff and GCCCD
- Business hours will not include evenings.
- Library staff will monitor and control a limited capacity throughout the day.
- Study spaces will be available for individual use in 2-hour increments.
- Online reservations to enter the building should be made in advance, including pickups.
- Social distancing and mask wearing will continue.
- Patrons will be encouraged to wash hands often and help clean spaces they use.
Any questions? We are here to help at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Library Operations page for more services.