Before you can register for classes, you must fill out an application to the college. This can be done online and it is free. Apply now!
You will receive an email confirmation when your application is processed. For more information about applying visit the Admissions & Records website. See the Academic Calendar for important dates.
The following steps should be done before you register.
- Clear Prerequisites.
- If you have attended another college, have your official transcripts sent to the Admissions & Records Office at Grossmont College for academic advising. Official transcripts must still be in the sealed official envelope if you are submitting them in person.
- If you took AP exams in high school, please have College Board send your test scores to the Admissions & Records Office.
If you are pursuing a degree, certificate, or planning to transfer, please complete these steps as soon as possible, but they are not required before registration. Completion of these steps will earn you an earlier registration date and time.
Complete these steps in this order.
1. Complete Online Orientation
- Login to WebAdvisor. (If you are having difficulty, please visit the WebAdvisor Tutorial Page.)
- Click the Students tab
- Under Orientation/Assess/Advising, click Step One - Online Orientation
2. Take the Assessment Test
- The assessment test will help us assess your current level of Math and English.
- Please visit the Assessment Center web page to find out how to make an assessment appointment and other important information.
3. Complete Online Advising
If you are exempt from taking the Assessment, and have course work from another institution and your transcripts have been sent, you may see a counselor.
- Login to WebAdvisor
- Click Students
- Under Orientation/Assess/Advising, click Step Three - Online Advising
See the Counseling website for more information.