The Computer Tutors
The computer tutors who work in this room help students with the
operation of the computers and the software found in the English/ESL
Independent Studies room.
Students should ask computer tutors for help with any of the
- Disks: Students must use a PC formatted disk to save their work.
- Basic computer operation: Computer tutors can help students with
opening files or general computer questions.
- Saving documents: Students should always use a disk when creating
a document. To avoid losing an essay, students should frequently
save their documents (essays) to a disk in Drive “A”; they should
not save to “My Documents.”
- Printing: All printing is “pay for printing”: $0.15 per sheet. The
printer is located in the main Tech Mall right outside room 70-122.
Look for printer station #3
- Grammar software: All software needed by students is accessible
from the desktop: English Microlab, Focus on Grammar (Basic,
Intermediate, High-Intermediate, and Advanced); Grammar 3D; One Step
at a Time; An Electronic Writer's Reference; Skills Bank 4;
Microsoft Word; Microsoft Internet Explorer for Internet access, and
desktop access to The Newbury House On-line Dictionary.