Welcome to EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs/New
Ways you can maximize your textbook dollars are...
Use your PELL account. The first
disbursement of these grants are made available in the Bookstore as
a credit line.
Ask if you have one at the checkout counter. (Eligible status
pre-determined by individual through the Financial Aid Office)
Pre-purchase USED textbooks. This is available online at:
(Reimburse after accounts are set - save your receipt!)
3. Ask the instructor to put the book on limited loan in the
4. Ask the instructor for 'desk copy' to borrow until you get
5. Ask a friend to copy the first assignment from his/hers textbook.
You must use the library or the ASGC office to make copies.
This website is useful for students to buy books inexpensive texts
from other college students in the San Diego area.
7. ASGC Bookswap & Book Adoption List is where you can find sell,
trade and buy used college textbooks. The adoption list is
where you will find what textbooks you need for your classes.
8. Ross Books located on Navajo Road offers Grossmont students who
have purchased an ASGC Benefits Card a 10% discount on textbooks.
This is an instant savings and a great deal for students.
Thanks Mike and Jon.