Program Director or Chairperson: Curtis L. Stevens, Assoc. Dean
Program Description: The service coordinates activities associated with
all of the Learning Resources systems, computers and associated software within
the LRC; e.g., Library. A primary system is, SIRSI, the automated library system
that requires constant and positive interaction with Information Systems (IS).
Along with the librarians, this service coordinates the maintenance of
activities associated with the expensive and very valuable electronic databases
that provide easy access to the information they contain
Activity #1: Provide more effective training to all staff to increase
efficiency and effective use of all LRC systems.
Expected Benefit: Staff will make better use of technology and
provide more effective service to students and faculty.
Activity #2: Include instructional equipment, computers and other
technology requests in the College Technology Plan; secure budget to implement
Expected Benefit: Provide staff and students up-to-date computer
and other multi-media workstations as well as other instructional media
equipment required to support the curriculum.
Activity #3: Collaborate with all departments in the LRC in the
development of more efficient and effective procedures.
Expected Benefit: Provide better and more effective service to
students and staff
Additional Planning Activities
2003 – 2004 Accomplishments
- Coordinate with IS and other appropriate departments in obtaining up-to-date
computers and related equipment and software.
- Continually evaluate new software packages and equipment for use in the LRC.
- Hire additional systems support staff to assist the Systems Specialist.
- Systems and task analysis of technical processes completed.
- New software packages and equipment for use in the LRC evaluated.
- Inter- and intra-department staff development activities implemented