Distance Education Accessibility Guidelines
Hyperlinks provided for access to more information.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR) September 18, 1996 Letter to California Community Colleges
- California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office. (CCCCO) (1999) Distance Education: Access Guidelines for Students with Disabilities.
- MPR Associates, Inc. (2009) A Needs Assessment of the Accessibility of Distance Education in the California Community College System Part II: Costs and Promising Practices Associated with Making Distance Education Courses Accessible. P. 26.
- CCCCO. (2008) Distance Education Guidelines 2008 Omnibus Version.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- Understanding WCAG 2.0 A guide to understanding and implementing Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
- The World Wide Web Consortium. W3C
- The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Section 504 (29 U.S.C. § 794)
- Title 34 Regulations. U.S. Department of Education. (2002) Chapter I - Office for Civil Rights, Department of Education Part 104 - Nondiscrimination on the basis of handicap in programs or activities receiving federal financial assistance.
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. § 12100 et seq.)
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 Implementing Regulations 28 C.F.R. 35
- California Government Code section 11135. Discrimination in state programs or activities.
- California Code of Regulations. Title 5 section 59300 Complaints of Unlawful Discrimination under Title 5.
- California Code of Regulations. Title 5 sections 55300 and 55370. Distance Education Regulations
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. § 794d), as amended by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998. (P.L.105-220), August 7, 1998
- CCCCO (2003) New Requirements Regarding Implementation of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Legal Opinion M 03-09
- California Department of Education Title 5 section 55200
- Federal Communications Commission. (2010) Telecommunications Act of 1996. Section 225
- CCCCO (1993). Title 5 section 56027 – Academic Accommodations.
- U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division & U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights. (2010) Dear Colleague letter: Electronic Book Readers.
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 Section 35.150 of 29 USC