Academic Senate Description
What are the Senate's role and
The Academic Senate, representing the faculty of Grossmont
College, consults collegially with both the college administration
and the Governing Board (in line with AB1725) to reach mutual
agreement on the development of policies and procedures related to
academic and professional matters.
What are academic and professional matters?
- Curriculum, including established prerequisites and placing
courses within disciplines;
- Degree and certificate requirements;
- Grading policies;
- Educational program development;
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and
- District and College governance structures as related to
- Faculty roles and involvement in the accreditation process,
including the College's self-study and other annual reports;
- Policies for faculty professional development activities;
- Processes for program review;
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development;
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed
upon between the Governing Board and Academic Senate.