Exercise Science and Wellness
The interior of the 400A building will be demolished and
remodeled to meet the current needs of our students and faculty. This
reconstruction is scheduled to begin summer of 2007. The faculty of ESW will
make a transition move to the 300 West building and use those temporary
facilities for 9 to 12 months, starting the summer 2007. The interior
reconstruction of the 400A building will upgrade all the faculty offices, weight
room, fitness room, and small lecture room, and large lecture room, conference
room, training room, athletic directors’ office, AD reception office, ESW
administration office and open office space for adjunct instructor with the
proper electronic infrastructure. The ETC requests for 2008 – 2010 will reflect
the future needs for upgrades in the above remodeled facilities.
The use of instructional technology in all of our class offerings has increase
especially in the Health Education and Nutrition. In the remodeled 400A
building there will be a new testing laboratory which will need additional
pieces of equipment for testing purposes.
- To have personal web sites for each of our full time and part time instructors.
- To have the department web site linked with each instructors web site
- To provide more online/hybrid courses to meet the needs of our students.
- To investigate which courses in our department would be compatible with
- To continue to provide and encourage instruction for all faculty members in ESW
in computer awareness.
Action on objectives
- To provide more web site instruction.
- Once instructors develop sites to link them with department web site
- Identify instructors who have an interest in online education.
- Develop a committee to research compatible courses.
- CATL does an excellent job of providing opportunities to improve and it is
each instructor’s professional responsibility to take advantage of each
Now, our department is using many measuring devices to education our students
about setting goals that lead to a healthy productive life. The use of such
programs such as Power Points is used by many of our instructors to enhance
learning. Of our staff members, all but three adjunct instructors have email for
department communication purposes with both students and faculty. The ETC Plan
provides for equipment and technology in the future, as our physical plant is
re-done. Our faculty will be able to keep up with new technology as this
equipment is provided in the future. The classrooms and some of the indoor
teaching stations will have smart carts, digital projectors, computer/monitors,
Tanita Body Composition machines, with each room having cable assess. The new
instructors offices will be located at the west end of Building 400 with the
appropriate equipment and technology.